One of the most important aspects of our mission as a church is to pass our faith on to the next generation. The leaders of our ministries for youth and children seek to find creative and effective ways of engaging young people and developing them into passionate disciples of Jesus. Our ministries for youth and children are:
- Shiloh offers age appropriate Sunday school classes for children from preschool through high school. Our teachers embrace their role of establishing a solid biblical foundation and impacting the lives of children for the Kingdom of God.
- A staffed nursery is provided for children ages 0-3 during the Sunday morning worship services. There is also a quiet room with rockers and cribs for nursing mothers and infants.
- On the first and third Sunday of each month, Children’s Church is held for children ages 4-10 during the sermon. The Children’s Church leaders use creative and interactive presentations to engage the children at their level and connect God’s Word and His ways with their lives.
- Jr. Youth starts in the seventh grade and concludes at age sixteen when the transition is made to the Youth Group. The Jr. Youth meet for Sunday school each week (every other Sunday as a combined group and every other Sunday separated by gender), and approximately nine social events or service projects throughout the year.
- Young people enter Shiloh’s Youth Group at age 16 and continue in the group until approximately age 21. The Youth Group meets every Wednesday evening for a Bible study or a service/ministry project. Several socials events are scheduled each month and can be found on Shiloh’s monthly calendar. A highlight of participating in the Youth Group is the cross cultural mission trip the group goes on every other year.